How To Accurately Detect Mold If Your Home In Houston, TX is Infested With Mold?

People think that molds can only fester in places where there is dirt, humidity or seepage. This misconception leads to lack of awareness as people then take molds lightly – as something which is not harmful. But, this is really far from the truth.

Molds are highly toxic and have the potential to cause serious respiratory problems. Another thing is that molds grow when there is a lot of moisture around the walls of your home or office. People mistake them for something else, and later when they start having respiratory issues then they take notice of it. In order to educate people, we have curated a list of key tests to determine if your house really has mold.

They are as follows –

  • Odor

This is one of the easiest and quickest ways to find out if you have molds in your home. If you know what molds smell like, then you can easily ascertain and be sure about the fact that your house has been infected by molds. Otherwise, molds have a very distinctive stale odor, and if you can trace it to a damp surface, then there lies your answer.

  • Growth

Molds have the tendency to grow really fast. If you spot a small spot somewhere in your home, then make sure that you give it attention, as molds can grow twice in size in just 24-48 hours. Also, it is advisable that you always look for the source causing it, as without sealing off the source, it is impossible to do away with molds.

  • Breathing Issues

There is another misconception that all molds cause health issues. This is not true. Not all molds have the potential to cause issues arising due to respiratory problems. Black mold is one such mold that is known to be dangerous for the respiratory tract and can cause infection if inhaled for a longer duration of time. Also, it can cause immune issues and can lead to skin problems as well. There is nothing you can yourself do to get rid of toxic molds, and it is recommended that you seek the help of a professional to handle it.

  • Leakage

If you are able to detect any sort of water leak inside your home, then make sure that you dig deeper as molds flourish in damp environments. The chances are that they are formed as a result of seepage. Also, there are high chances of mold formation due to seepage, and one should call a plumber to fix the seepage and then only get the molds removed. Even if you get rid of molds, if there is seepage, they will grow again.

Conclusion

Detecting mold is not very difficult. All you need to do is look for the above symptoms in your home, and you will be able to ascertain if your house is bugged with molds. We are sure that if you have read the above pointers, then you can also educate others about it and also save yourself from the harmful toxins released from these molds.

To avoid any mold-related problems, schedule an appointment with mold experts like One Plus Restoration in Houston, TX if you suspect a mold infestation. Experts should be considered much before the situation gets out of your hands.

At One Plus Restoration, our well-trained professional will come to your place and gauge the damage before proceeding with the further steps. So, hurry up – you don’t want something irreversible to happen to your house now, do you?

Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on linkedin
LinkedIn